Perfect Lazy Dinner Ideas
It could happen to anyone. You could feel lazy one evening and you are worried. What should I make for dinner?
You are feeling lazy, yet you want to eat something delicious. Your worry is that ‘healthy’ and ‘lazy’ seem like two words that can’t go together in real life. So asking for a perfect meal on a lazy night might be a big request. You don’t have the strength for that stress except you are ordering online.
You don’t need to think too much about it either.
There are meals that would make your night splendid. Ready to see the meals? Let’s begin.
This is one of the easiest lazy dinner ideas. How many eggs go into an omelette?
Just two eggs.
It will take less than 15 minutes and you are eating something delicious.
You will need
● 2 eggs
● ½ cup filings (Baby spinach or chopped ham or shredded cheese)
● Mix the egg and all ingredients except butter in a small bowl.
● In a small cooking pan, heat the butter. Allow the butter coat the bottom of the cooking pan by tilting the pan. Pour the mixture. The egg would set immediately at the edges.
● Now turn the mixture to allow uncooked sides to touch the surface of the hot pan until there is no sign of liquid and the mixture thickened. Use the turner to fold the mixture into two and serve into a plate. Enjoy your meal.
Depending on what you love eating, choose your favorite pasta for a lazy dinner and make something yummy. This can also be your go-to meal for Nigerian breakfast recipes. But wait – macaroni or spaghetti?
- Fish or boneless and skinless chicken breast or
- 3 ounce of tomato paste
- 1 cup of sliced yellow or white onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt, Pepper
- Boil or cook the macaroni for a few minutes according to the manufacturer’s instruction. Sieve and keep the macaroni and the water.
- Optional: Steam the cut meat or fish for some minutes adding paprika, rosemary and pepper and set aside.
- In another pot, add some oil and let it heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook for some minutes.
- Add pepper, tomatoes, rosemary and seasoning powder. Allow it to cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour the pasta, the pasta water and taste. Add salt until the taste is satisfactory. Add the macaroni and stir it into the mixture. You might need to add more pasta water or ordinary water. Ensure that you taste after adding the water. Is the taste still perfect for you?
- Enjoy your meal.
- Minced meat
- 1.5 cup pepper sauce
- A small onions
- 1 big tomato, 3 green onions prigs and Bay leaves
- 3 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons of Curry and 1 of thyme
- ¾ of a tablespoon of base
- Fry the scallions, onion and bay leaves for about 2 minutes. Season with curry and thyme. Add some salt to taste.
- Add the meat of your choice. Allow it to cook until it’s almost good for consumption.
- Get your pepper sauce (better if you have this at home in preparation for lazy day meals such as this). Pour the sauce into the pot and let it cook for three minutes. Add some water.
- Boil the spaghetti in boiling water. Break them and pour them in when the water is boiling. Then add some salt and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Withdraw the almost-cooked spaghetti to the pot of sauce which has the tomatoes, the scallion and all that. Leave it to cook for about 3 minutes
- Enjoy your lazy dinner meal
Porridge is both delicious and a good choice for a lazy dinner. In some dialects, it is called Asaro. Although it would take a few minutes to peel the yam or sweet potato, you can sit while doing that and the final meal would make you glad you put in the little effort.
Yam (or sweet potato)
- Cut the yams into cubes and boil. Add salt to taste.
- The yams would get soft. Add all other ingredients, starting with palm oil, pepper, smoked fish, onions, stock cubes etc.
- Close the pot and let the content cook. Add some salt.
- After cooking for some minutes, stir very well.
- Enjoy your meal.
Bread and Tea
This is one of the commonest meals for a lazy day. You are not baking the bread by yourself. Are you? You grab a loaf from your vendor while coming from work or if you live in a developed city, order from the seller, especially a flavour and taste you enjoy most. Make the tea in less than two minutes and you are ready for dinner or breakfast.
You can decide to spice things up a bit by frying some eggs to go with it. Or if you have a little more time, toast the bread and eat with your favorite spread.
Biscuit or cookies, candies or chocolate, dessert are super easier to consume. There is no stress of heavy work or long preparation. Enjoy some slices and drink your favourite choice of wine. This could give you the needed energy to prepare another meal generally or try another one in this post.